Saturday, December 24, 2011




Jonah poem:
Oh what a calling so great
to preach the gospel to those in lost state.
But after I listen then do I flee.
For my rebellion I will not submit to thee.
But you are the tempest the wind and the wave
and from your pursuit I cannot be saved.
But then at last my nature is strong
and I will drown myself before I admit to my wrong.
Yet you in your sovereignty my death refuse.
And by your grace my life you use.
And after three days my will it was broken.
To whom you command your word will be spoken.
But then to my horror your spirit it moved.
And through mercy not wrath you choose to reprove
And the Lord said to me "you are the same,
consider your rebellion and look at your shame.
For you, most wicked of all
I gave you life and you refused my call."
-R Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment