Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Be Bold


But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea andSamaria, and to the end of the earth.” -Acts 1:8

            My prayer for you, if you are a Christian, is that you would know your own strength and not be weighed down by sin. Life can be scary. I have seen my share of scary days. You have to remember that you were given power to live without fear. This does not mean that scary things won't happen but that you will not fear them when they do. Why? The creator of the world has put his spirit in you. This does not mean that you will always act like Jesus. We also have sin in our lives. Bad things will happen. Bad things happened to Paul and bad things will happen to you sometimes. 
          When we moved to South Sudan life became difficult. Even the simplest things, like buying bread, became hard work. I have to take a police officer with me (it's ok because he's my friend) so I'll be safe. If I need money it might take many trips to the bank before I can find my money. Then I have to get someone to exchange my dollars into Sudanese pounds, then we walk through the market with my police friend and buy delicious bread from a lady with a very nice smile. 
          There are a lot of people with guns in our town. Sometimes they fight with each other and people get hurt. This makes us sad because many people in our town don't know Jesus and the peace he brings. If we gave into fear, we would not be able to tell the story of Jesus to those how need him the most. We have to be BOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment